Sunday, July 26, 2009

2007 DC Heroines Triptych by Rhiannon Owens



I've never heard of Rhiannon Owens within the industry, but she keeps popping up on the net, with a painted style that reminds me of Nick Cardy. Here, she's does a series of three plates featuring a host of DC heroines, including some with ties to the Detroit League. Hawkwoman and Zatanna top the first plate, also featuring Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Power Girl, and the original Batgirl. You can see it enlarged here. The next five heroines are Wonder Girl (Donna Troy,) Big Barda, Vixen, Supergirl and Huntress, visible here. I haven't been able to find the final five; Starfire, Mary Marvel, Raven, Catwoman and Jade; on their own. Here's a decent blow-up of parts 2 & 3, though. Actually, this artist has done quite a bit of work with Detroit's own super team, so I think I'll do some more postings throughout the week. For more, check out her MySpace Page or listing at Comicartfans.

No comments: